Thursday, April 14, 2011

ABC Axes All My Children and One Life to Live


http://www.tvline.com/2011/04/breaking-abc-cancels-all-my-children-and-one-life-to-live/#comment-81017


What a sad, sad day for daytime television.

I cannot believe that two beloved ABC daytime shows will be gone in just a few months. While I mostly view GH I still tune into AMC and OLTL. I cannot imagine a world without Erica Cane and Victoria Lord.

"Love in the Afternoon" is being replaced by "Junk in the Afternoon" and I simply will not watch reality TV. If I wanted to see a cooking show (which I do not) I would choose one of the many, many shows now on cable, the same goes for weight loss (and I personally dislike weight loss shows).

Disney is also canceling SoapNet as well to replace with yet another children's programming channel.

Why not give us SoapNet on another channel? I'd gladly pay for it and I'm sure other soap fans would, as well.

Move AMC and OLTL there. If you can't possibly keep them as separate shows then combine them. Keep all of our soaps on SoapNet, keep reruns of our favorite soapy shows and sell advertising of products that we pay viewers would buy.

There is a market out there Brian Frons and Anne Sweeney. Don't just shove us aside... we'll just go online to webisodes, another network, etc. But once you inevitably kill GH those TVs will remain "Dead in the Afternoon".

No comments:

Post a Comment